Benders Hockey League was founded in the fall of 2014 by Gary Rader.
1. Warm ups will be 3 minutes prior to the start of the game. You may want to stretch prior to getting out on the ice.
2. No checking. We all have to work the next day.
3. No slap shots. Keep the sticks below the waist. Snap shots are acceptable.
4. Icing the puck under 3 minutes in the game will result in a minor penalty.
5. Keep the shifts short. If you are on the ice longer than 2 minutes you probably weren't skating hard enough.
6. Scoring is limited to 3 goals per player for game.
7. Tie games will result in a 3 person shootout. You may not take a second shot until everyone on your team has taken a shot. These carry over throughout the season (we want everybody to try a penalty shot if the opportunity arises). Tournament games may use a different format.
8. 1st and 2nd periods are 18 minutes, and the 3rd period is 20 minutes. Clock runs continuously unless there is an injury or the referee needs a stop.
3 on 3 Pond Hockey Tournament Rules
1. Games will be two periods with a 14 minute running clock for each period. The ice will be divided in half with portable cross ice boards.
2. There is no offsides or icing.
3. Teams may not play goalie (no camping in front of the goal).
4. After a goal, teams must give the opponents 1/2 of the ice to enter the puck. Team with the puck does not have to wait on any line change--take the puck out of the goal and go.
5. No slapshots. No checking.
6. Minor penalties result in giving the puck to the other team.
7. Major penalties result in a free shot being taken from center ice. The team awarded the penalty shot gets possession of the puck regardless of the outcome of the shot.
If you are interested, here is a link to the official Pond Hockey rules.